Aug 12 2018 0 Comments Tags: Beginner Project, cameo 3, Craftercuts, cut mat, design store, Silhouette America, Silhouette Beginner Project, Silhouette Beginners, Silhouette Inc., Silhouette Project Tutorial, Silhouette Projects, Silhouette Studio, Silhouette Studio Tutorial, Silhouette Transfer Tape, Tutorial
The school year’s about to start! Start it off right with a gift for your child’s teacher. This simple DIY chalkboard sign is the perfect addition to any teacher’s décor.
- Silhouette CAMEO 3 ®
- Silhouette Studio®
- Silhouette 12-Inch Vinyl or 12-Inch Stencil Material
- Silhouette Cutting Mat
- Silhouette Design Studio Design ID#44442
- Silhouette Hook (for weeding vinyl)
- 12 in. x 12 in. chalkboard
- Silhouette Transfer Tape
- Foam paintbrush
1. Open your design file in Silhouette Studio. (If you prefer a different design than the apple in #44442, go for it! Find the perfect design that fits your tastes).
2. Adjust your design, keeping at least a one-inch perimeter on all four sides.
3. Trim vinyl or stencil material to 12”x12”, place on your cutting mat, and cut the design with your Silhouette Cameo.
4. Using your weeding tool, remove the pieces that will be painted (the leaf, stem, and apple).
5. Remove the backing off the Silhouette Transfer Tape and apply it, sticky side down, to the apple stencil.
6. Remove the paper backing from the vinyl and apply on the chalkboard. After making sure there are no bubbles or creases, remove the transfer tape.
7. Choose your paint colors and lightly dab onto the chalkboard.
Tip: Work from the center outwards to avoid paint bleeding.
8. Remove the stencil before the paint dries.
9. Finally, add your frame!
(This blog post was originally posted on the Silhouette America blog.)
What’s your favorite DIY teacher gift you’ve made for a teacher? Tell us in the comments below!
SIMILAR BLOGS TO EXPLORE:
- DIY Monogrammed Key Chain Vinyl Project
- July 4th Silhouette Firecracker T-Shirt Project
- Summer Cards with Patterned Designs by Silhouette America