What you can do with PixScan™ Technology
- 8-1/2" x 11" for Cameo Cutters
- 7-1/2" x 11" for both Cameo or Portrait Cutters
How-to use PixScan™ Technology
Next, read the step-by-step instructions from The First Cut – The Official Silhouette America Blog, listed below. Then, you’re done!
- Place the photo or image you want to cut out on your PixScan™ mat. Press down so that your image is stuck securely to the mat. Take a picture using your smartphone or scan in your PixScan™ mat. For optimal results, when photographing or scanning the PixScan™ mat, ensure that no zoom is used, your lighting is even, the entire mat is clearly visible in the image, the PixScan™ mat is flat, and the cut media is contained within the black cut border.
- Click on the PixScan™ icon in the Silhouette Studio®. Select “Import from File” or “Import from Scanner.” A window will pop up for you to navigate. Select your image and click “Open.”
- Once you have your PixScan™ image loaded, you are ready to create or place your cut lines. Trace your image or manually add cut lines where you want your machine to cut. Delete any excess cut lines that you do not need. You also can add an offset line to your design.
- Choose your cut settings according to the material on your mat.
- Send your project to your Silhouette machine and watch the magic happen.